Thank you Multifarious meanderings for nominating me for the Liebster award!
My nominations are select and few – (do not know many new bloggers!):
11 Facts About Me:
1. I love sitting in the car during a carwash – totally exhilerating.
2. I am a Leo and a Fire Dragon. I do not subscribe to either zodiac but in my younger days I used to read with awe at the exciting events were set to befall me over the year. Then be somewhat disappointed that I did not as met as predicted the man of my dreams in February and get married in the winter. Also did not understand how somebody as shy and introverted as me could be a fire sign!
3. My favourite food is the potato. Delicious. My latest discovery is Patatas Brava a lovely Lebanese dish
4. I cannot roll my tongue but my ear lobes are separate from my face. Remember that science lesson at school?
5. I would love to have healthy children one day. I have somehow got it into my head that I will have twins. I have a list of names that I will call them when they get here. In the mean time I wait patiently for a good husband and marriage…
6. My left eye is ‘weaker’ than my right eye. I noticed this one morning. I opened my left eye and I noticed the numbers clock on the wall were blurred. I opened my right eye and they seemed a little clearer.
7. I was baptised at 30 years of age. It was a very exciting time in my life and the start of a very challenging spiritual life.
8. My favourite childhood cartoon was ‘ThunderCats’ . For years I would look forward to Thursday afternoons. Great stuff! My favourite character – Lion-O of course…
9. The first time I went to the cinema was when I was 19 years old. Tottenham Court Road Odeon cinema. I do not think that I have ever been back since. BTW the film was terrible!
10. I do not like spiders. These eight legged creatures room my little flat with impunity. Yesterday one had the audacity to greet me at the front door. I am so scared of them that I would rather stay where I am than walk past them. Once as a teenager I stayed in the living room all night because I was too frightened to walk past one sitting on the stairs and it was too late in the night to wake up any of my family (and embarrassing too!).
11. My most favourite past time is photography. I got my first camera at 8 years old and have not looked back! I would like to attend a photography course learn how to take good pictures. However I am having fun taking my camera everywhere I go.
Questions for the nominees:
1. If you had to ‘rewrite’ any of the world’s great Holy Books – would you miss anything out? Would you add anything?
2. What was the last dream you had that you did not want to wake up from
3. Laptop or Tablet?
4. If you could wake up tomorrow speaking another language – what would it be?
5. Do you deliberately skip breakfast?
6. What is your favourite colour?
7. What is the album that best describes your life so far?
8. What did you think clouds were when you were little?
9. You have the opportunity to go space – do you take it?
10. When was the last time that you laughed so much your belly hurt?
11. If you were reincarnated as an animal what would you be?
11 answers to 11 questions
What’s your favourite smell?
The smell of rain on the pavements in the summer after a thunderstorm
Where would you like to go if you had an all-expenses paid trip?
World-round trip : Norway, Nigeria, New Zealand, Canada and Peru. Thank you very much!
What was your favourite book when you were little?
‘One Way Only’ by Gwen Grant. A very funny book about the life of young girl living in Nottinghamshire in the 1950’s.
Sweet or savoury?
Depends what it is…!
However sweet and savoury in the form of moin moin or akara and custard = heaven!
You have an evening just for you. What do you do?
If it’s a sunny summer evening – a walk along the river, with my camera.
Beach or lake?
Depends on my mood…!
However I love the hypnotic sounds of waves hitting the beach. I love looking out at the water that seems to stretch into an endless distance.
You can only take one thing with you on a desert island…What do you choose?
Solar-powered iPad? Complete with book and music collection and endless memory on Notes to write down my stream of thoughts – for my bestseller – published of course when I am rescued from the island.
I AM CLEARLY NOT A PRACTICAL PERSON!!!!
What do you look for in a blog?
A topic that I find interesting or that I can relate to (perhaps one and the same thing!).
A writer who knows how to string a sentence together.
A writer who responses to comments made on his/her blog
A clear distinction between fact and opinion
One thing you can’t stand.
People being horrible to one another. Call me child-like and simple but sometimes it is just not necessary. It is a much greater and better thing to be kind and merciful if you can.
One thing that makes you happy.
Being in the sunshine under blue skies and feeling the warmth of the sun on my face.
You have to give up one thing. What would your biggest sacrifice be?
Everything is precious and all fits together