I am thrilled!
I have been nominated before in the early days of my blog and it was a wonderful feeling too.
It’s 6.55 and I am up awake and tapping at the keyboard – sometimes the best time to do any writing, before the hussle and bustle of the day begins.
Anyhow I better get on with the task set before me!
11 random facts about myself
1. I love baking. It soothes my soul. Whenever I find that things are getting a little bit too much – I retire to the kitchen and cook to my heart’s content.
2. I love driving. At times it can be so liberating. It did not come easy though, I took 9 tests before I eventually passed!
3. My favourite colour is blue. I am redesigning my living room and blue is going to be the main colour – duck egg blue to be precise…
4. When I was 9 or 10 I decided that I would write a book by the time I was 15 . I have missed that deadline but I am still determined. Instead however I got my first medical publication earlier this year at 37 , so little by little I am getting there.
5. I still have the dream/idea/hope/notion that when I have children, I will have twins. It’s strange but it’s a constant feeling that I get. But we shall see, we shall see.
6. I have two Facebook accounts. I do not now how it came about. Sometimes they talk to each other and like each other’s pictures. My sister’s tell me that, that ought to stop…
7. I haved watched the movie American Hustle 3 times in the cinema this year. I love that film. My lovely companion bought it on DVD for me.
8. I am currently reading ‘The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden’. It’s brilliant – so clever and funny.
9. I do not understand what is going on in the world today!
10. I can snowbard!
11. I love the peace and quite of the early morning
Questions from Ripples N Reflections
1. Why do you blog?
I want to tell people my thoughts. I am not sure that all of them are that interesting but I love to share and stimulate conversation. It started of a ‘writing practice’ for THAT book but it has morphed into a diary / observations on my little little life.
2. What is your favorite time for writing?
Early in the morning – when I am fresh and the world is quiet
3. Do you like social media? Which is your favorite?
I use it a lot but I somehow find it annoying. I do not have a favourite!
4. Do you like reading? What would you pick as your favorite author or book?
I love reading. These days I do not have much time. Currently my favourite author is Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – she is just brilliant.
5. Do you like to day-dream?
All the time. I try to avoid it when driving and at work!
6. Do you love pets? Do you have one? Did you have one?
No. No. No.
7. Do you believe marriage is necessary?
Not necessary. But when entered into with the right person – a blessing to you, your partner, any children you might have and the family around you. A great example of love, sacrifice and commitment.
8. Where do you live?
Smokey ole London town.
9. Do you like to travel?
Yes. In the past year I have travelled to Japan, Andorra, Switzerland and Spain. I still have many more places I want to see.
10. Do you like poetry?
It’s OK. I have yet to find a good poet that inspires me and holds my attention. When I completed my GCSE English course we had to read pages and pages of poetry. The ones that spring to mind WW1 poetry (Wilfred Owen and love poems (William Shakespeare).
11. What is your favorite cuisine?
Potatoes – again
I have to ask questions of all the bloggers I am going to nominate for the award.
1. Who is your best friend?
2. What was the last dream you had that you did not want to wake up from
3. What makes you angry?
4. If you could wake up tomorrow speaking another language – what would it be?
5. Tie or bow-tie?
6. What is your favourite colour?
7. What is the album that best describes your life so far?
8. What did you think clouds were when you were little?
9. You have the opportunity to go space – do you take it?
10. When was the last time that you laughed so much your belly hurt?
11. If you were reincarnated as an animal what would you be?
My nominations for Liebster Award are:
Well that’s it for now – it’s 0800 and I have to start work but it’s been fun.
Keep blogging guys!!