Not so much the new me but the real me before another new hairstyle. I have a beautiful halo of soft black hair that grows up!
However these days I seem to braid it away…
This is me after an afternoon the hair salon. My mother insisted that I ‘sort my hair out’ in advance of next weeks event. It seemed like a fair enough request.
2015 finds a new me – not just in physical appearance – although – I think I look basically the same. But the new me, irrevocably changed by recent life events. The innocence about the goodness of life gone and looking at the world with new eyes. Wondering how I am going to be a better person (daughter, partner, sister, friend and colleague). Wondering how I will meet the new expectations and responsibilities heaped on me. Wondering how I am going to balance, juggle and keep the plates spinning. Maybe I should reset my rules of living for this New Year.
* Allow yourself to be loved by God – don’t worry about the judgement, rules and regulations of other people’s idea of God’s love
* Love and accept yourself – even your foibles and frailties – just try and improve what you can when you can
* Take care of your body and your mind – you have a better chance of being helpful to other people
* Be yourself – do not imitate
* Dress well – always. (But it might conflict with the rule above!)
* Maintain an attitude of gratitude.
I will try hard