Tuesday evening after an exhausting and disturbing day at work – this soup was a comforting remedy!
There were some potatoes in the vegetable bowl and celery sticks in the fridge that needed dealing with. Soup seemed a credible option. I found a recipe on line and adapted it to my cupboard contents and taste! Chop, boil and blend – tata soup ready!
It tasted delicious and was very filling. My husband loved it.
2 celery sticks
1 bay leaf
1 litre of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to season
1. Add olive oil to the saucepan over a low heat. Add the celery, potatoes and onions and cook gently for 5 minutes.
2. Pour the stock into the pan and add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaf.
3. Cool slightly. Poor the vegetable and stock into a blender or food processor. Whizz to a purée.
4. Return the puree to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Ladle the soup into warm bowls.